This morning started out like any other morning....cereal for Mia, coffee and peanut butter toast for me, potty breaks, brush our teeth (with big girl toothpaste), etc. etc. Like usual, Mia went off into her playroom and began to make a mess (oops, I mean "play"). Then all of a sudden I hear "MOM!" It may not seem like a big deal to most people but for my not-even-3 year old, it was a little shocking. I mean, what happened to "Mommy?" or "Mama?" When did she become so grown up? When she said it I was reminded me of when I was a teenager in my room calling my mom for something silly like, a glass of water. That drawn out tone that we all used to call our moms. It works with "dad" too, but doesn't have the same ring to it. Even as I'm sitting hear writing, ignoring her call, she continues to say "MOMMMM!!! MOMMMMM, come here!!!" Hold on while I see what the problem is....
Saturday, August 9, 2008
When did Mia become so grown up?
Ok, so I just walked 2 feet into my daughter's playroom where she is sitting in her rocking chair, looking around and still yelling "MOMMMM!!!, MOMMMMM!!" So I asked her "Yes Mia, what do you want?" and she says "Can I watch a movie in the living room?" THAT'S IT?!? That's what she had to ask me? On top of that, I was just in the living room! It would have made a lot more sense for her to come out of her playroom, and ask me if she could watch a movie. Oh, the joy of motherhood.
Posted by Kim at 10:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment