So tonight we decided to go to Party Outlet to pick out Mia's birthday invitations/theme. It was a little overwhelming at first! There were so many cute ideas! There was a generic, colorful "Happy Birthday" theme w/ primary colors, there was "Abby Cadabby" which I thought was perfect considering Mia wants to be her for Halloween! "Hello Kitty" is always a cute idea, and we did "Strawberry Shortcake" last year! But then Brandon and I were thinking we really can't do anything TOO girly b/c all her friends are BOYS!!!! Where are the girls?!?!?
So as Mia walked around I asked her what kind of party she wanted and she said "Dora the Explorer!" We thought it was a good idea b/c the girls can have Dora stuff and then the boys can get "Diego" stuff! Perfect!!!!
After Party Outlet, we walked over to Sports Authority where Mia got a Dora baseball glove and baseball. Cameron is having his birthday party this weekend at the park and we are all playing in a family softball game!!
Now, on to the BEST part of the night!! We then went to Carrabba's for dinner. I'm not really crazy about the restaurant but I've had a gift card for almost a year now so it seemed like a good idea to use it. So we sat down and we had the best family dinner in a long time! The food was good, but what made it awesome was that MIA ACTUALLY ATE! She had (drum roll, please)....
Calamari for an appetizer
3 slices of bread
and a whole plate of linguini with white clam sauce!
Oh yea, and a glass of pink lemonade
AND....we didn't have to yell at her once! What a wonderful night!



3 comments:
I wasn't too impressed with Carrabba's when we went for my bday. But I'm glad Mia ate! Please give her a big hug and kiss from me. =)
There is nothing better than a family dinner when you don't have to raise your voice at the children!!!!
I'm tellin' ya if Ryan and Mia were to live together the two of them would be able to share every meal due to the fact that neither one of them EVER EATS!! Way too frustrating... or is it the fact than I just wish I could be more like them. :)
Lol! Miracles DO happen!
Post a Comment